- Database systems and data mining;
- Query optimization via data mining; preference queries; query sampling.
Jarek received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Maryland, College Park, in 1997.
- Jaroslaw Szlichta, Parke Godfrey, Jarek Gryz: Fundamentals of Order Dependencies. PVLDB 5(11): 1220-1231 (2012)
- Jarek Gryz, Marcin Kwietniewski, Stephanie Hazlewood, Paul van Run: Transforming XML Documents as Schemas Evolve. PVLDB 3(2): 1577-1580 (2010)
- Parke Godfrey, Jarek Gryz, Andrzej Hoppe, Wenbin Ma, Calisto Zuzarte: Query Rewrites with Views for XML in DB2. ICDE 2009: 1339-1350