- Analog and Mixed Signal Integrated Circuit (IC) Design
- Low Power Implantable/Wearable Systems-on-Chip (SoC)
- VLSI Signal Processing
- Wirelessly-Powered Medical Sensory Systems
Hossein Kassiri received the B.Sc. degree from University of Tehran, Iran, in 2008, the M.A.Sc. degree from McMaster University, Canada, in 2010, and the Ph.D. degree from the University of Toronto, Canada, in 2015, all in electrical and computer engineering. He is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at York University, where he is a member of nanotechnology and biotechnology research group, and the director of Integrated Circuits and Systems Lab. He also holds the position of CTO at BrainCom Inc., a company he co-founded in 2015, specialized in implantable brain-computer interfaces. He is the recipient of IEEE ISCAS best paper award (2016), Ontario Brain Institute (OBI) entrepreneurship award in 2015, Heffernan commercialization award in 2014, and the CMC Brian L. Barge award for excellence in microsystems integration in 2012.
- H. Kassiri, M. R. Pazhouhandeh, J. L. P. Velazquez, R. Genov, “All-Wireless 64-channel 0.013mm2/ch Closed-Loop Neurostimulator with Rail-to-Rail DC Offset Removal,” to appear IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC’2017), Feb. 2017.
- H. Kassiri, A. Bagheri, N. Soltani, K. Abdelhalim, H. Jafari, M. T. Salam, J. L. P. Velazquez and R. Genov, “Battery-Less Tri-Band-Radio Neuro-Monitor and Responsive Neuro-Stimulator for Diagnostics and Treatment of Neurological Disorders,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits (JSSC), Vol. 51, No. 5, pp. 1274-1289, 2016.
- H. Kassiri, A. Chemparathy, M. T. Salam, R. Boyce, A. Adamantidis, R. Genov, “Electronic Sleep Stage Classifiers: A Survey and VLSI Design Methodology,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems (TBioCAS), 2016.
- H. Kassiri, G. Dutta, N. Soltani, C. Liu, Y. Hu, R. Genov, “An Impedance-Tracking Battery-less Arbitrary-Waveform Neurostimulator with Load-Adaptive 20V Voltage Compliance,” IEEE European Solid-State Circuits Conference (ESSCIRC’2016), Sept. 2016.
- H. Kassiri, N. Soltani, M. T. Salam, J. L. P. Velazquez, R. Genov, “Battery-Less Modular Responsive Neurostimulator for Prediction and Abortion of Epileptic Seizures,” IEEE Int. Symp. on Circuits and Systems, Montreal, May 2016. (ISCAS’16 Best Paper Award)