- Mobile ad-hoc networks and wireless mesh networks: routing, multirate-aware routing, multicasting, medium access control, quality of service support, video transmission, security, transport issues, applications;
- Wireless sensor networks: routing, localization, medium access control, security, applications;
- Network security: authentication, key management, online social networking;
- Video and multimedia applications.
Dr. Uyen Trang Nguyen received her Bachelor of Computer Science and Master of Computer Science degrees in 1993 and 1997, respectively, from Concordia University, Montreal, Canada. She completed her Ph.D. degree at the University of Toronto, Canada, in 2003. From 1995 to 1997 she was a software engineer at Nortel Networks, Montreal, Canada. She joined the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at York University, Toronto, Canada, in 2002.
- (with I. Katzela) “Loss Recovery at the ATM Layer for Latency-Constrained Reliable Multicast,” 2nd European Conference on Universal Multiservice Networks 2002 (ECUMN 2002), April 2002, pp. 286-296.
- (with I. Katzela) “A Flexible Multipoint-to-Point Traffic Control Algorithm for ABR Services in ATM Networks,” IEEE Conference on High Performance Switching and Routing 2000 (HPSR 2000), June 2000, pp. 185-194.
- (with H. Hosseini, L. Tao, T. Bui) “Mappings Minimizing Contention in Wormhole-Routed Networks,” International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications ’95, November 1995, pp. 501-510.