- Network and information security;
- Communication systems and network protocols;
- System performance evaluation;
- Pattern recognition;
- Neural networks.
Natalija received her Ph.D. in EE from University of Ottawa in 2003, and M.Sc. in ECE from University of Manitoba in 1998. She was a recipient of NSERC University Faculty Award in 2005 – 2009. She also received the Faculty-Wide Excellence in Teaching Award in 2012, and the Departmental Mildred Baptist Teaching Award in 2004. Natalija has served as a TPC member for numerous international conferences and is currently on the editorial board for several peer-reviewed journals.
- D. Stevanovic, N. Vlajic, A. An Detection of Malicious and Non-malicious Website Visitors Using Unsupervised Neural Network Learning Elsevier Applied Soft Computing Journal, pp. 698-708, Volume 13, Issue 1, January 2013.
- A. Naumov, N. Vlajic, H. Roumani GeoTracking of Web Page Sources: A Defence Against Drive-by-Download Attacks Accepted for publication in InderScience International Journal of Internet Technology and Secured Transactions (IJITST).
- D. Drinfeld, N. Vlajic, D. Stevanovic Bots for Flash-Crowd DDoS that Mimic Human Behavior: Are We There Yet? Accepted for publication in InderScience International Journal of Internet Technology and Secured Transactions (IJITST).
- M. Andrade, N. Vlajic Dirt Jumper: A New and Fast Evolving Botnet-for-DDoS International Journal of Intelligent Computing Research (IJICR), Volume 3, Issue 3/4, Sep/Dec 2012.
- D. Stevanovic, A. An, N. Vlajic Feature Evaluation for Web Crawler Detection with Data Mining Techniques Elsevier Expert Systems With Applications Journal, pp. 8707-8717, Volume 39, Issue 10, August 2012.