- Machine Learning / Pattern Classification;
- Deep Learning / Neural Networks;
- Natural Language Processing (language modelling, paraphrase, question and answering);
- Speech and Audio Processing (enhancement, recognition, human-machine dialogue);
- Computer Vision (object detection and cross-domain adaptation).
Hui Jiang obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Tokyo, Japan in 1998. Before joining York University, he worked in Multimedia Communication Research Lab., Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies, Murray Hill, New Jersey during 2000-2002.
- S. Zhang, H. Jiang, L. Dai, “Hybrid Orthogonal Projection and Estimation (HOPE): A New Framework to Learn Neural Networks,” Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR), 17(37):1−33, 2016.
- Q. Liu, H. Jiang, S. Wei, Z.-H. Ling, Y. Hu, “Learning Semantic Word Embeddings based on Ordinal Knowledge Constraints,” Proc. of the 53th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL 2015), July 2015.
- S. Xue, O. Abdel-Hamid, H. Jiang, L. Dai, Q. Liu, “Fast Adaptation of Deep Neural Network based on Discriminant Codes for Speech Recognition,” IEEE/ACM Trans. on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, pp.1713-1725, Vol. 22, No. 12, December 2014.
- O. Abdel-Hamid, A. Mohamed, H. Jiang, L. Deng, G. Penn, D. Yu, “Convolutional Neural Networks for Speech Recognition,” IEEE/ACM Trans. on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, pp.1533-1545, Vol. 22, No. 10, October 2014. (2016 IEEE SPS Best Paper Award)
- H. Jiang, X. Li and C.-J. Liu, “Large Margin Hidden Markov Models for Speech Recognition,’’ IEEE Trans. on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, pp.1584-1595, Vol. 14, No. 5, September 2006.