- Biologically inspired integrated sensors and actuators;
- Integrated circuits and microfluidics.
Ebrahim Ghafar-Zadeh received his Ph.D. from Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal (Canada, 2008) in Electrical Engineering and completed a NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of California, Berkeley in Bioengineering (2010-2012).
- E. Ghafar-Zadeh, M. Sawan “CMOS Capacitive Sensors for Lab-on-Chip Applications: A Multidisciplinary Approach “Springer, 2010, SBN 978-90-481-3727-5
- E. Ghafar-Zadeh, SF. Chowdhury, A. Aliakbar, V. Chodavarapu, R. Lambrose, L. Beital, M. Sawan, M. Trifiro “Handheld Impedance Biosensor System using Engineered Proteinaceous Receptors”, Biomedical Microdevices, 12(6), 967-975, 2010.
- E. Ghafar-Zadeh, JR. Waldeisen, LP. Lee. “Engineered Approaches to the Stem Cell Microenvironment for Cardiac Tissue Regeneration” Lab Chip, 11(4), 3031-3048, 2011.