- Artificial Intelligence (heuristic search);
- Object-oriented analysis and design, Java;
- Multimedia, distance education
Anestis Toptsis received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Illinois at Chicago in 1991. His research interests are in the areas of artificial intelligence (heuristic search), databases, object-oriented analysis and design, Java, multimedia, and distance education. He has been an honorary member of the International Association of Knowledge Engineers (IAKE) 1992-93.
- (with L. Jin) “Adaptive Retrieval of Reusable Software Components”, Proc. Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing (ASC’98), Cancun, Mexico, 1998.
“Java Programming Fundamentals”, Half-day tutorial, Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing (ASC’98), Cancun, Mexico, May 1998.
- (with L. Jin) “Relevance Feedback in the Retrieval of Reusable Software Components”, Proc. 29th Hawaiian International Conf. on System Sciences (HICSS-29), Maui, Hawaii, 1996.