- Statistical signal processing and communications;
- Error-resilient, scalable video compression;
- Time-reversal, array imaging detection;
- Genomic signal processing and sparse, block-banded matrix technologies.
Amir received his M.S. (1993) and Ph.D. (1996) in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University.
- A. Asif, Applications of Noncausal Gauss Markov Random Field Models in Image and Video Processing, manuscript of 56 pages, accepted for publication in Advances in Imaging and Electron Physics, Elsevier Science. (invited paper).
- A. Asif and M. G. Kouras, Scalable Video Codec by Noncausal Prediction, Cascaded Vector Quantization, and Conditional Replenishment, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 8, no. 1, Feb. 2006, pp. 19-31.
- A. Asif and J. M. F. Moura, Block Matrices with L-Block Banded Inverse: Inversion Algorithms, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 53, no. 2, Feb. 2005, pp.630 – 642.
- A. Asif, “Fast Implementations of Kalman Bucy filter for Satellite Data Assimilation”, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 235-40, Feb. 2004.