- Data mining and machine Learning
- Classification, clustering, and pattern mining
- Data stream mining
- Topic detection from text documents, emotion and sentiment analysis
- Keyword search over graphs and relational databases.
- Social media analysis, recommender systems
- Bio-inspired computational models
Aijun An received her Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Regina in 1997. She was a research assistant professor at the University of Waterloo before joining York University in July 2001.
- M. Kargar, A. An and X. Yu, Efficient Duplication Free and Minimal Keyword Search in Graphs, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), 26(7): 1657-1669, 2014.
- M. Zihayat and A. An, Mining Top-k High Utility Patterns Over Data Streams, Information Sciences, Vol.285, November 2014, pp.138-161.
- Yu, X., Liu, Y., Huang, X. and An, A. Mining Online Reviews for Predicting Sales Performance: A Case Study in the Movie Domain, IEEE Transactions on
Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), 24(4): 720-734, 2012.
- M. Kargar and A. An., Keyword Search in Graphs: Finding r-cliques, Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment, Vol.4, No.10, 2011. pp.681-692.
- Wan, Q. and An., A. Discovering Transitional Patterns and Their Significant Milestones in Transaction Databases, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), Vol.21, No.12, 2009. 1692-1707.