Women in Computer Science and Engineering (WICSE) committee seeks to provide resources and assistance to female undergraduate and graduate students in order to enhance their leadership skills, boost their confidence, and support their participation in Science and Engineering activities. Our goal is to inspire female students to pursue their passions, explore new opportunities, and to make meaningful and lasting connections.
We should know: Why we need WOMEN in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)?
Upcoming Women Conferences
- WISE National Conference – Jan 26, 2019, Toronto, Canada
- Women’s Mental Health and Leadership Conference – Feb 11, 2019, York University, Toronto, Canada
- Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing – Oct 2-4, 2019, Florida, USA
- IEEE WIE International Leadership Conference – May 23, 2019, Texas, USA
Upcoming Awards and Scholarships
- Hydro One Women in Engineering Award – Oct 1, 2019
- Women Techmakers Scholars Program – Fall 2019
- Women Techmakers Udacity Scholarship – Fall 2019
- Palantir Women in Technology Scholarship– 24th March 2019
- Palantir Future Scholarship – 7th April 2019
- AMELIA EARHART FELLOWSHIP
- Canadian Federation of University and Women (Fellowship and Awards) (Number of Awards)
- Senior Women Academic Administrators of Canada (SWAAC) Awards -Graduate Students